With great success of the Harry Potter series for the last 20 years, J.K. Rowling sure knows a thing or two about storytelling. Her unique and fascinating stories capture the hearts and minds of people of all ages and stages and with her new venture of Pottermore, she's given us insight into how she's grown a tale into a world of digital storytelling. Here are a few of her storytelling secrets.
1. Offer Unique, Exclusive Content - develop a loyalty through promotion, and creating unique content.
2. Develop a custom experience - gather data and cater to your reader.
3. Create a sense of belonging - create a community where someone feels like they're part of something bigger, a larger narrative.
4. Build a world - don't just focus on the product/deliverable/outcome, focus on the ideals of the organization, the people behind the brand.
5. Regular updates and news - build loyalty and trust with your readers/donors through constant updates to grow the relationship.
6. Reimagine existing content - sometimes you don't need to re-invent the wheel, you just need to give it fresh context and present it in new and exciting ways.
Add 1 through 6 for the perfect recipe for magical digital storytelling, according to J.K. Rowling!
Click here for the original article.